The CFLA Whole Life Challenge is an 8-week health and fitness challenge designed to turn you into a diggin' deep, nose-to-the-grindstone, what are you made of, no-crying-in-CrossFit, swinging for the fences master of your physical and mental destiny!
Prelims: Saturday, February 11 from 8:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.
Finals: Saturday, April 7 from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The challenge winner will have to succeed in 3 areas:
- Performance - Improve your work, improve your play
- Body transformation - Get lean & mean
- Accountability - Play every day!
How the game is played:
You will be measured in the beginning and the end of the challenge to track your improvement - body and performance.
Every day you will be challenged to live by these rules, and earn up to 6 points daily:
- Nutrition - No grains or starches (including corn and soy), so sugar (artificial or natural), so alcohol, soda or juice, no dairy and no artificial or processed foods. You can earn up to 3 points maximum for each day of nutrition. Violate one of your rules and subtract 1 point. The lowest score you can get on any day is 0.
- Workout - Every day. The rule is 10 minutes minimum, and you get to say if it was a workout for you. You will receive 1 point for working out.
- Mobilization - Stretch daily, 10 minutes minimum. You can do this any way you want. You will receive 1 point for stretching/mobilizing.
- Fish oil - A daily dose of fish oil. There is no minimum, but research suggests 4000mg combination of EPA/DHA per day.
Every day by 3:00 you will log into the scoreboard and report how you did the previous day. You only have until 3:000 each day, after that you will receive a 0 for the day before, so make it a habit!
Bonus Points - You will also have the chance to earn bonus points each week through weekly challenges that can help you catch back up, or that you can spend on little indulgences!
All participants in the challenge will receive:
- 1 additional class per week for the duration of the challenge
- Access to the Whole Life Challenge 2012 online scoreboard
- A “Pre-Game Huddle” seminar - Want to give yourself the best shot? Come to a 1 hour meet-up to cover the basics of setting yourself up: preparing your home and kitchen, shopping and preparing food, and strategies
- Whole Life Challenge mid-challenge BBQ
- Access to a Whole Life Challenge blog with coaching, support, recipes and videos
- Access to the Whole Life Challenge discussion forums for getting together with other participants to trade experiences, successes, breakdowns, tips, "cheats" and to lend and give support.
- A post-challenge party & celebration!
CASH & PRIZES for Winners!
Entry Fee $75, $40 for Unlimited Members, $25 for Friends and Family
IF YOU ARE NOT A CFLA MEMBER DO NOT REGISTER HERE!
YOU MUST REQUEST AN EMAIL INVITATION FROM YOUR FRIEND TO REGISTER.
You must be a member in order to register for this event.
to register for this event.